2024 Southern Division CBDNA/NBA Conference
February 29 – March 2, 2024 –– Memphis, Tennessee
RECORDING REQUESTS FOR NBA PERFORMING ENSEMBLES
Below is information needed to submit recordings for elementary, middle, junior high, high school and adult community ensembles to be considered for performance at the 2024 Southern Division CBDNA/NBA Conference.
The NBA Southern Division Chair will assemble a Performing Group Selection Committee for the NBA ensembles. This committee will blindly receive recordings of groups applying to perform at the February 2024 conference in Memphis, TN. The committee will listen to and evaluate all recordings submitted. Upon completion of this process, they will then make recommendations to the NBA Southern Division Chair, who will extend invitations to chosen ensembles.
To apply for a performance slot, please assemble an application packet to be submitted via Google Drive. The applicant should create a folder by school name and then place each of the following respective pdf and mp3 files in the folder. The entire folder must be shared with “can edit” privileges to email@example.com. The folder should contain the following:
1. MP3 Files of Ensemble Recordings:
• Include up to 30 minutes of live concert recordings.
• Recordings must be from the academic years 2021-22 or 2022-23.
• Do not edit the recordings in any fashion (i.e., performance edits, etc.). Do not digitally alter the recording in any fashion (i.e., EQ; digital plug-ins; normalization; reverberation; compression; etc.).
• Please be certain that each selection is a separate file in mp3 format.
• Label each individual selection with the title of the composition and the school. (Example: Esprit de Corps – Name HS)
2. A letter of application that includes (1) director’s contact information (including email and cell number), (2) date and location of performances represented on recordings, (3) a complete list of repertoire that appears on recordings, (4) programming ideas for the 2024 CBDNA/NBA Conference.
In addition to the online submission, an application fee of $100.00 (check made out to the National Band Association) should be submitted by mail to the NBA. Bands who are selected to perform will be required to pay an additional $250.00 performance fee. Application packets will only be considered if checks are received by the deadline. Please mail checks to:
Dr. Corey Spurlin
NBA Southern Division Chair
50A Goodwin Music Building
Auburn, Alabama 36849
Please note the following:
The ensemble and conductor applying must be the ensemble and conductor represented in the recordings. Ensembles selected to perform at the 2022 Southern Division Conference (Columbia, SC) are not eligible.
By submitting an application for consideration, you acknowledge that you intend to accept an invitation to perform in Memphis, TN should an invitation be extended to your school. This implies that the leadership at your school is fully aware of the application and intends to support your performance at this prestigious conference.
A confirmation email will be sent once recordings, application letter, and application fee have been received.
Deadline for submission of recordings is Tuesday, May 30, 2023
We will notify everyone of the results as close to July 10 as possible