Deadline: December 12th (yearly)
One of the newer projects of the NBA is the awarding of NBA Project Grants of up to $500. Project Grants may be awarded to NBA members who are hosting Concert Band Symposia, hosting Conducting Clinics, or any other event that would lead to the professional development of band directors. Upon completion of the project, the money is awarded, and an overview of the event is written by the NBA member serving as host. This overview will be submitted to the NBA Journal for publication consideration. NBA Project Grants are typically not approved for commissioning projects or any event whose major function may be considered as a recruitment event for a college or university.
Some examples of past NBA Project Grants approved for funding include:
- University of South Florida Band Directors Symposium
- Young Women Conductors’ Symposium, Frost School of Music, University of Miami
- NBA/IGSMA Band Director Workshop, Illinois
- University of Arizona Conducting Workshop
- NBA Wind Band Symposium, Biloxi High School, Mississippi